4.1.09

Matilda learned that life could be fun, and decided to have as much of it as possible.


I really need to find a more concentrated topic for my posts, but this rambling is certainly helping me get my feet under me. Maybe the introspection will help someone else, to seek their own adventures, to start living their own life.


I slept very late... I have been extremely groggy and tired, likely due to the post-holiday detox. Isn't it interesting how foods can affect our energy, our spirit, our life so fully? And yet, most people don't give a second thought to food, unless it is about their weight. Which isn't quite the same as health, although there is that strong correlation.

Today for breakfast: a chocolate banana green smoothie. Does it not sound luscious?

And then -- adventures! I've realized that this Fall, part of what I've lost is a sense of passion, and a sense of adventure. I have not loved my life, nor lived the life I love. I came home. I sat on the computer. I checked my blogroll. I checked Facebook. I checked my email. I rechecked Facebook. And endless pattern from the time I arrived home until time for bed, really. It's not really the adventurous life -- or even a fun life. It's boring!

I want to feel sun on my face, and wind in my hair. I want to spend more of my life unplugged than plugged in. I love the Internet because it keeps me connected with people from far away, family and friends. I love it for giving me the chance to learn new things and explore different beliefs and values. But I think it has connected us with faraway friends while disconnecting us from the life that is actually around us.

I also think that I have been far too obsessed with having a clean, neat house. What does it matter, really, in the grand scheme of things? I want a nice house, a house that is pleasant to come home to, a house where I feel comfortable. But it does not need to be this spotless, perfection place. I want a place that looks lived in, because I'm living! We're living! We're seeking adventures every day.

Every day should be an adventure. Every day, I want to wake up, and say, "I'm having an adventure today!" When we are trying to figure out what to do on the weekend, I don't want it to be mundane. I don't want it to be habitual. I want it to be adventuresome! Fun!

So, today, Dan and I are going on a hunt for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment