9.1.09

What is the definition of "thriving?"

I've been reading The Thrive Diet by Brazier, and I really like the information in it. I think it's written in a really approachable, understandable way, but also with facts to back it up. It combines the ideas that I've been reading about involving diet for the past year, such as raw foods, pH balance, whole foods. I highly recommend it.

But it also had me thinking -- what is the definition of thrive? Is it productivity? Is it health? Is it happiness? Everyone has their own priorities and beliefs about what makes their lives happy. Some people would choose a cheeseburger over preventative health measures. For some, working a lot is a drag; for others, working a lot is bliss.

Perhaps, in life, we need to find our own definition of thriving. What does it mean to thrive? What does it mean for our day to day lives? Our work, our play? How can we prioritize our lives to ensure that we are thriving?

I really enjoyed Brazier's discussion of thriving, which seemed to include some combination of health, happiness, and productivity. It wasn't about sacrificing one for the other, such as a good diet creating less happiness. That kind of balance? That's what I'm seeking in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment